Bylaws of the TVPC Pickleball Club Approved March 23, 2016
ARTICLE I – NAME:
The official name of the club shall be TVPC Pickleball Club hereafter referred to as TVPC.
ARTICLE II – PURPOSE:
To provide an atmosphere of camaraderie and enjoyment while participating in TVPC activities. All activities conducted by this club and its members shall be in accordance with the TVPC Bylaws, Corporate Policy Manual/Policies and Procedures and TVPC Code of Conduct.
ARTICLE III – MEMBERSHIP:
- Any pickleball club member holding a membership or tenant card in good standing with TVPC is entitled to participate in activities of the Club.
- Any member who has not paid dues, fees or assessments to TVPC as of the time such payment is due shall be deemed delinquent and removed from the TVPCPC membership roster and website. TVPCPC members must pay membership dues prior to the annual meeting or be deemed delinquent and removed from the membership roster and website.
- TVPCPC shall not grant honorary membership, or the equivalent, to anyone not a TVPC member.
- All members and guests shall abide by the published TVPC Rules.
- A guest must reside outside a 20-mile radius of Green Valley per TVPC.
ARTICLE IV – BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOARD):
There shall be a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and three (3) Members at Large and the immediate past President (non voting). The Board shall have overall governing authority over the club consistent with the provisions of these bylaws. The board shall conduct the general business of TVPCPC between its business meetings; to fix the hour and place of meetings; to make recommendations to the membership and perform other duties as desired by the club. The board may be assisted by any member designee of the TVPCPC. A majority of the board members shall constitute a quorum.
- Term Definitions:
All board members are to be elected for a two-year term. A term of office runs from April 1 until March 31 for the following two (2) years.
President – Elected in elections held in even numbered years. Following the conclusion of their term shall be appointed as a non voting general board member. Following the term as a non
voting general board member he/she may stand for election for any board position. Vice-President – Elected in elections held in odd numbered years.
Secretary – Elected in elections held in even numbered years.
Treasurer – Elected in elections held in odd numbered years.
Members at Large:
One Member at Large, Position 2, elected in elections held in even numbered years.
Two Members at Large, Positions 1 and 3, elected in elections held in odd numbered years.
- Term Limits:
Board members shall not serve more than two consecutive terms.
- Responsibilities of Officers:
- Shall preside over all club meetings and be accountable for the administration of club business. 2. Shall sign (or designee) all formal written communication. 3. Shall be responsible for the submission of all club documents to proper authorities.
- Shall perform all duties of the President in the event of the President’s absence or inability to perform and shall also perform other such duties and responsibilities as may be assigned, with board majority approval, from time to time by the President.
- Shall keep the club records, issue notices of all meetings of the board or general membership, and shall keep minutes thereof. 2. Shall retain routine correspondence and other administrative records for three years prior to the current year. 3. Shall retain certain permanent records for the life of the club (charter approval, employer identification number, tax exemption, etc.) and furnish whatever reports are required to TVPC.
- Shall receive and deposit all monies due to the club into the bank account of TVPCPC and pay all obligations that may be incurred by the club in the regular course of its business with expenditures over $500.00 requiring the approval of a majority of the board. Shall keep an up-to-date ledger of all financial transactions and provide financial reports as may be required at all meetings of the board or general membership. 2. Shall prepare a financial report on an annual basis and have books and documents available upon request by TVPC.
Members at Large
- Represent the general membership on issues of interest or concern. They may serve as committee chairpersons or handle special projects for the board.
Any of the above offices may be shared or divided as may be agreed upon by the board.
E Nominating Committee:
A team of two (2) club members appointed by the board in the first week of January and the club President or the Presidents designee shall compose the nomination committee. They will present prospective President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Members at Large board members to the board by the second week of March. At the annual meeting the slate of all candidates will be presented to the club membership. All candidates will be put to a hand or secret-ballot vote. A secret-ballot will be used if more than one candidate is proposed for any board position; otherwise a hand vote will be used.
All officers and board members shall be elected by a majority vote of those present at the annual membership meeting once a quorum has been established, and shall serve without compensation.
ARTICLE V – COMMITTEES
- The President with majority approval of TVPCPC board shall appoint any committee chairperson deemed necessary.
ARTICLE VI – MEMBERSHIP MEETINGS:
- The club annual meeting shall be held prior to April 1 of each year. General membership meetings may be held as required. The time and place of such meetings is to be determined by the board.
- Notice of any meeting of the membership shall be made at least fourteen (14) days prior to the meeting and shall set forth the nature of the business to be transacted.
- The annual meeting shall require a quorum of 10% of the general membership to conduct business. General membership meetings do not require a quorum. For any proposal to pass it must be approved by a simple majority of the members present.
- The current Roberts Rules of Order shall govern TVPCPC in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with TVPCPC bylaws or any special rules of order the club may adopt.
ARTICLE VII – DUES AND FISCAL PERIOD:
- The fiscal year shall be the calendar year – January 1 through December 31 to correspond with TVPC fiscal year. TVPCPC is responsible for filing a year-end financial statement with TVPC within 30 days following the close of the fiscal year.
- The board shall set the amount of annual dues. Annual dues shall cover the period of January 1 to December 31.
ARTICLE VIII – VACANCIES:
If any office should become vacant, the remainder of the term shall be filled by appointment by the President with majority approval from the Board. In the event the office of President is vacated, for any reason, the Vice President will assume the duties of President until the next regular election when a new Presidential candidate or candidates can be placed in nomination and elected by the TVPCPC membership.
ARTICLE IX – AMENDMENTS:
Any member of the Club in good standing may propose an amendment(s) to these bylaws. The proposed amendment(s) shall be delivered to the President, in writing, with a statement setting forth the reasons for the proposed amendment(s). Proposed amendment(s) shall be presented to the board. Following approval by the board any amendment(s) shall be submitted to TVPC for approval. After approval from the board and TVPC it shall then be presented to the general membership for approval at any regularly scheduled membership meeting. Written notice of the membership meeting and the specific nature of the proposed amendment(s) must be distributed at least 14 days prior to the meeting.
. ARTICLE X – MONITORING:
- An effective monitoring system shall be maintained by the Secretary to ensure that only TVPCPC members and eligible guests are in attendance at meetings and activities of the club.
- All participants in any meeting or activity will register on a TVPC log sheet.
ARTICLE XI – DISSOLUTION:
- Upon dissolution of GVPC, any assets, after all bills have been paid, shall be transferred to TVPC.
ARTICLE XII – BYLAWS
- A copy of these approved bylaws shall be available to the membership of TVPCPC at all meetings. All elected board members and committee chairpersons shall be furnished with a copy of the current TVPC bylaws and the TVPCPC bylaws following each election.